Three tree swallows were flying around our field today and checking out the bird houses. Are they not beautiful with the sun shining on their incandescent feathers? I love to listen to them sing and watch them soar around the field.
Was able to get out and walk around with Ruger, we went down into the woods and checked things out. Still some snow in the woods but it is melting fast. Ruger really enjoyed being out today, but I'm afraid he terrified a poor little red squirrel that was looking for sunflower seeds. Ruger got him cornered on top of a post and even after I put Ruger back into the house, the little guy stayed on that post for a good half hour longer before hurrying off.
This hawk was hanging around our bird feeder this morning and went after a Junco but missed - the Junco zipped by me and passed under our deck for a safe retreat. Guess the hawk thought I was too big to deal with and quickly made a u turn!
So nice -
- to be able to turn the furnace off
- to be able to open up the house windows again and let the fresh air in.
- not to have to bundle up in zillion layers of clothing.
- to anticipate the return of the hummingbirds.
- to know soon flowers will be displaying their colors in abundance.
- the thought to sit out at an open fire and just listen to nature.
- to just be out in the open fresh air - and I could go on and on!
Enjoy :) Coppertop