Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air

What a beautiful January day in Maine today has been. After having a week of clouds and a foot or so of new snow, seeing the blazing sun this morning was a sight to behold.
After the usual household chores and running to town for groceries, I ventured down to our woods shack on snow shoes. Sitting in the shack and looking out over the apple orchard, I was for a moment disappointed in not seeing any fresh animal tracks or signs. That thought quickly disappeared as I took a deep breath of fresh air and felt revitalized. The photo above was taken as I sat in the 'ole' shack.
After a time I slowly made my way back to the house, packing the trail so the next trip will be an easier one.
I have been yearning for an fish chowder and today is the day - ingredients are all together and it is simmering on top of the stove. I am trying a new recipe and the taste tastes so far tell me it is going to be a good one and will more than likely rate a copy going into my 'excellent recipe' notebook for use again.
Do take some time for yourself today and enjoy! :) Coppertop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcomed!