Monday, February 15, 2010

Do you forget.......?

Do you have problems remembering appointments, when and which pills to take, family events or such things?
I recently became aware of a great reminder tool thanks to a good friend Gladys who writes the Maine Musing Blog.  Everyone who uses Microsoft Outlook for email has this tool and yet I wonder just how many are aware of its many uses. The tool is your Calendar option in Outlook. I have the 2003 version of Outlook and it also offers tasks and notes.
Back to my forgetfulness! I recently was told by my Doctor to alternate my thyroid medicine dosage between two dosages due to the fact that one dosage was not enough and the next too much yet there was none in-between. I was talking with Gladys about this one day and hoping I would keep the dosages straight as far what dosage I was to take each evening. Gladys quickly replied that I should use the calendar and how it was such a great tool that she uses all the time. The next day I went into my Outlook and clicked on the calendar. I was amazed at how easy it was to add the information and with just a couple clicks it was set for the whole year. There is a recurrence option that is fantastic – you just select how often you want the event to be repeated, click and the program does the rest. Now every night at 8pm my reminder pops up on the computer screen and tells me which dosage I am suppose to take. The reminder will stay on the screen until I click it off with the dismiss button, so even if I am not at the computer at that moment the reminder will be there when I return.
In the note section I have added the dates and places for when I had my yearly mammograms, bone density and physicals so at a quick glance I now have all that information. I can easily see when I might be due for these events again.
I now go to my calendar often and record Birthdays, Anniversaries, Doctor Appointments and so much more. I do hope by passing on this information I make just one other person’s life a little less frustrating when it comes to remembering events or just ‘stuff”. I thank you again Gladys for this valuable information!
Take time for yourself and enjoy.   : )   Coppertop

2 comments:

  1. Glad I could help, Liz. I don't know what I would do without using the calendar. I hate to admit it, but I am getting a bit forgetful in my old age. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can guarantee you one thing, Gladys, you (and I) are not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Welcomed!