Thursday, May 13, 2010

Photos taken this beautiful morning!

A few photos I took this morning. I should have been cleaning up flower beds but I said the heck with it and sat sipping my coffee watching the tree swallows soar around our field. They are certainly mesmerizing! They are so quick. Some are just building their nest and were scooping up the dried weeds. They have been landing on our deck off the sliding doors and singing their hearts out to us, well, I like to think it is to us!
Earlier this morning Mourning Doves were busy taking turns at bathing in the bird bath. This one appeared like he thought it was a good day for a sail!
I suddenly caught movement down in the lower field and was delighted to see five deer. They stopped short at the rock wall between the two fields and extended their noses into the air. Won’t you know, the wind was blowing towards them so they caught my scent and headed off the opposite direction disappearing into the woods.
 
Appointments needed to be kept today so I was not able to sit as long as I would have liked. I do hope you were able to enjoy this beautiful day. : )  Coppertop

4 comments:

  1. Great photo's, Coppertop. I sat in the stand this evening but didn't even see a bird. Maybe I should be sitting out on the deck! :) Your new camera is doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you glbuzz! You just never know with wildlife do you!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glbuzz - I meant to add if I had been sitting in our shack this morning I won't have seen these deer - you just never know - a matter of being in the right place at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true – just to be in the right place at the right time. Oh yeah! and patience - lots of patience (grin).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Welcomed!